- 1 What Is A Propagation Station
- 2 The 8 Best Plant Propagation Stations
- 2.1 1. XXXFLOWER Plant Terrarium – Top Pick
- 2.2 Pros
- 2.3 2. Ivolador Wall Mounted Hanging Plants Terrarium – Best Dual Usage
- 2.4 3. Ivolador Terrarium Container Flower Planter Hanging Glass – Most Aesthetically
- 2.5 4. Mkono Wall Hanging Planter Terrarium – Most Spacious
- 2.6 5. Desktop Plant Terrarium Propagation Station –Most Sturdy
- 2.7 6. Mkono Double Layer Wall Hanging Glass Planter Station – Best Wall Mounted
- 2.8 7. Mkono Plant Terrarium with Metal Stand – Best Quality Propagation Station
- 2.9 8. CFMOUR Plant Terrarium – Most Budget-Friendly
- 3 Propagation Station Buying Guide
- 4 Benefits of Plant Propagation Stations
- 5 Beautify Your Plant Propagation Stations
- 6 Propagation Station Round-Up
- 7 FAQs
Interested in finding the best propagation station? This propagation station review list and buying guide have you covered!
What Is A Propagation Station
Most plant lovers are obsessed with growing plants on their own, especially green ones. They are passionate about taking care of their leafy companions. As a botanist and gardener, nothing feels better than seeing your baby plants growing and nourishing.
It takes quite a lot of effort to grow new baby plants from already existing plants. But you can make the task more manageable with the help of plant propagators. Almost every household plant and even succulents can be grown in a plant propagation station.
Such stations make the propagation process smooth and seamless. Nowadays, plant propagation stations are found in various shapes, sizes, and materials. Let’s have a look at some of the best available plant propagation stations.
|CHECK PRICE →|
|CHECK PRICE →|
|CHECK PRICE →|
The 8 Best Plant Propagation Stations
1. XXXFLOWER Plant Terrarium – Top Pick
This terrarium includes three mini bulb-shaped vases, a wooden stand, and a metal swivel to hold the vases in place. The vases are made up of borosilicate glass and are 3.74 inches long and 2.75 inches wide with a 1-inch diameter opening. There is also a disassembled wooden stand in two pieces that you need to join to form a triangular bracket. The dimensions of the wooden stand are 5.5 inches in height, 11 inches in width, and 4 inches in breadth. The package also includes two screws and a hexagon screwdriver to fix the wooden stand.
Package Weight: 14.07 Ounces
Package Dimensions: 12.76 x 7.36 x 3.86 inches
Product Material: Wood, glass, and metal
Number of Containers: 3
For installation, fix the wooden brackets together with the help of provided screws. Fill the vase with water. Pass the swivel through one end of the wooden frame, then through holes of all three vases and clip its other end in the wooden bracket. Place the plugs to fix the terrariums in place. Wash the roots of baby plants and place them in glass vases.
- Its minimal design allows placement on any horizontal surface.
- Non-fragile glass vases weigh 1/3 times more than ordinary glass vases.
- Users can view their plant’s progress through the highly transparent glass.
- The sturdy design prevents disbalance and toppling over.
- Beautiful wooden texture.
- Suitable for growing little plant cuttings of hydroponic plants, indoor plants, etc.
2. Ivolador Wall Mounted Hanging Plants Terrarium – Best Dual Usage
It includes a wooden squared frame having dimensions 8.7×2×5 inches.
The wooden holder has placements for five tubes, while the glass vases are test tube-shaped having a diameter of 1 inch and length of 7.01 inches. An extra test tube vase, a cleaning brush, and two wall mounting hooks are also provided with the kit for your convenience.
Package Weight: 9.6 Ounces
Package Dimensions: 9.06 x 5.59 x 2.95 inches
Product Material: Glass and Wood
Shape: Test tube
Number of Containers: 5
Just place the wooden frame on the table and fill the test tubes with water one by one. Then place them in the holes of the wooden frame. Plant some clippings or flowers of your choice in each test tube and watch them thrive.
- It is a perfect propagation station for growing mini plant cuttings.
- The wooden holder provides full support to propagator tubes.
- Easy to handle and manage baby plants.
- No-spill design.
- It can be placed on a tabletop or mounted on a wall.
- You can also use it to arrange fresh flowers.
- Does not involve complex fixing or screwing.
- Easy cleaning and refilling of tube vases.
3. Ivolador Terrarium Container Flower Planter Hanging Glass – Most Aesthetically
The Ivolador Hanging Terrariums are available in teardrop, diamond, and triangle shapes to add variety to your decor. The dimensions of the teardrop vase are 3.5 x 5.1 inches, the diamond vase 3.5 x 3.9 inches, and the triangular vase 3.7 x 4.3 inches.
Package Weight: 9.6 Ounces
Package Dimensions: 5.1 x 4 x 4 inches
Product Material: Glass.
Shape: Diamond, Triangle, Waterdrop
Number of containers: 3
The premium-quality glass is made up of boron silicon and can resist heat. Apart from three vases and three twines, a tweezer is also provided for the safe placement of mini plants without damaging the roots.
You can install the propagation system by passing the rope through the top hole and the big hole of the glass vase. Then tie a knot and hang the other side of the rope where needed. Place the mini plants or flowers of your choice.
- Aesthetic and eye-catching design.
- Easy hanging with twine rope over the desktop, kitchen table, terrace, workspace, etc.
- Added tweezers allow easy placement.
- Flowers, little ferns, grass, shrubs can be easily accommodated.
- Thin but sturdy glass.
- It can be used as a DIY craft.
- Adds dimension to your place.
- Free replacement of broken products within a week.
4. Mkono Wall Hanging Planter Terrarium – Most Spacious
The three-tiered hanging wooden frame is 35 inches long, and the distance between each tier is 9.7 inches, leaving lots of space for plants to grow. You can adjust the length of the hanging rope for proper balance. An additional brush is provided for easy cleaning of test tubes. Moreover, a mounting anchor and screws are provided for secure placement. You can hang it on the wall of any room.
Package Weight: 32.32 ounces
Package Dimensions: 13.78 x 1.57 x 35.43 inches
Product Material: Glass, wooden
Shape: Test tube-shaped
Number of containers: 15
For assembling, hammer the mounting anchor in the wall. Then, mount the rope of the propagation station on the anchor and balance it. Fill in the test tubes with water and place them in the holes on the wooden frame. Now all you have to do is add multiple baby plants of your choice to the propagation station.
- Large number of terrarium tubes.
- It gives a more organized look to your bunch of planters.
- Comfortable handling.
- Easy assembling of the propagation station.
- Beautiful wall mount design.
- Suitable for plant clippings, baby plants, hydroponics, flowers, ferns, shrubs, herbs, etc.
- Allows easy monitoring of plant growth.
- Easy to clean test tubes with the help of a provided brush.
5. Desktop Plant Terrarium Propagation Station –Most Sturdy
The tray measures 11.4 x 3.7 x 0.5 inches and is natural wood with grooves to hold the planter jars in place.
Package Weight: 26.88 ounces
Package Dimensions: 13.7 x 11.5 x 4.96 inches
Product Material: Wooden, Glass
Shape: Jar Shaped
Number of containers: 3
Three perforated corks are also provided with a hole in the center. This propagation station can be placed anywhere over a horizontal surface i.e., at the dining table, kitchen counter, workstation, shelves, windowsill, etc. The wooden tray keeps the surface of the tabletop clean and moisture-free. It is suitable for propagating all plants, including those with thick roots.
- It adds an elegant look to your place.
- No spilling or tipping over.
- You can also use it to place fresh flowers.
- Stable and sturdy design.
- Easy to use.
- It can be used as a decoration element.
- It is environment-friendly.
- Transparent glass allows users to monitor plant growth and root health.
- A wide diameter prevents root damage while placing the plant inside.
- Perforated cork prevents excessive moisture loss.
- The central hole in the cork helps hold delicate plant stems in place.
6. Mkono Double Layer Wall Hanging Glass Planter Station – Best Wall Mounted
Each glass vase has a diameter of 2.8 inches and a height of 4 inches.
The wooden frame has a length of 14.25 inches and a width of 11.4 inches, making it spacious enough for small plants. Other product elements include two metallic swivel holders, 14 rubber plugs for fixing, a rope, a cleaning brush, a wall mounting hardware bag, and an instruction manual.
Package Weight: 26.4 ounces
Package Dimensions: 14.69 x 12.01 x 4.02 inches
Product Material: Glass, Wood
Number of containers: 6
The propagation station can be installed following the directions of the instruction manual. You can contact their responsive customer service in case of missing or damaged items.
- Spacious for spreading roots of growing plant babies.
- Attractive design.
- You can also use it for organizing flowers, hydroponic plants, and air plants.
- Perfect wall decoration to glam up your ambiance.
- It can be mounted on walls of rooms, kitchen, office, balcony, etc.
- Cleaning aid for maintenance of glass vases.
- A hardware kit is also provided for installing the plant propagation station.
- It allows easy examination of plant growth and root health.
7. Mkono Plant Terrarium with Metal Stand – Best Quality Propagation Station
These are placed on a metal tray of 12 inches long, 2.5 inches wide, and 4 inches in height.
The black metal tray provides full support to glass vases. You can place it anywhere on the tabletop. A glass cleaner brush is also provided with the propagation station. The black metal tray adds grace to the ambiance of your coffee tables, dining tables, kitchen, countertop, shelves, windowsill, restrooms, bedrooms, etc.
Package Weight: 39 ounces
Package Dimensions: 14.17 x 6.38 x 5.79 inches
Product Material: Metal, Glass
Shape: Jar/bottle shaped
Number of containers: 5
Users can quickly propagate hydroponics, baby plants, cuttings, ferns, herbs, shrubs, African daisies, etc. Mkono has a replacement policy for damaged items.
- The simple, unique design does not require any installation.
- The wide glass bottles allow room for plant roots to grow easily.
- Examine the growth of baby plants and their roots through the transparent glass.
- Easy care and maintenance.
- The sophisticated design allows easy placement on desktops anywhere.
- It can also be used for decorative purposes or as a flower organizer.
8. CFMOUR Plant Terrarium – Most Budget-Friendly
This propagation station comprises a wooden frame with five glass bulb terrariums.
The triangular wooden frame has an adjustable width with a length of 16.3 inches and a height of 5.5 inches. The glass bulb vase has dimensions of 3.74 x 1.37 inches. Other assembling parts include a metal swivel holder, 14 rubber pads for fixing terrariums in place, a screwdriver, two screws and nuts, and an instruction manual. Users should follow the instructions for ease of assembling.
Package Weight: 20 ounces
Package Dimensions: 17.2 x 5.87 x 3.15 inches
Product Material: Wood, Glass, Metal
Number of containers: 5
For assembling, fix the wooden brackets using screws and nuts. Make sure to tighten with the help of the provided screwdriver. Pass the swivel through holes of wooden frame and glass bulbs one after the other. Simultaneously secure it with fixing rubber rings. Adjust the width as needed. Pour water in each terrarium and place your favorite baby plant picks. Users can place it anywhere in the kitchen, dining rooms, offices, restrooms, bedrooms, etc.
- Inexpensive propagation station with compact design.
- It is used for the propagation of small plants or plant cuttings.
- Easy supervision of plant growth and health.
- More space for roots to spread in bulb-shaped terrariums.
- You can adjust the width of the wooden frame according to available space.
- It can also be used for flowers, propagating hydroponic plants, air plants, ferns, mosses, grass, shrubs, etc.
- This propagation station can serve as a decoration accessory.
Propagation Station Buying Guide
Are you also among those who love to beautify their surroundings with natural elements? Now that you know about the top picks for plant propagation stations. It’s time to select one for your place, either it’s your house or workplace or maybe for both!
You can buy one with the tabletop placement or wall mounting as per your space. Or buy the one with dual usage if you love changing its spot. Make a purchase and enjoy watching your lovely plants grow.
How To Use a Propagation Station?
What’s next once you have finally bought the propagation station without any damage? Learn how to use it, of course! Using a propagation station is relatively easy. You just need to determine the spot for placing the plant propagation station.
This depends on whether it is a wall hanging or desktop propagation station. You can keep tabletop terrariums on study tables, office tables, coffee tables, dining tables, window ledges, kitchen counters, shelves in a library, restrooms, or even bedrooms. You can hang these outdoors near doorbells, garden space, balcony or terrace, near windows, dining halls, kitchen, workplace, etc.
After that, just assemble your propagation stations as per the instructions. Fill the glass terrariums with water and place your plant clippings, flowers, or baby plants. The plant clippings or other decorative elements do not come with the propagation station. You can make the clippings yourself or buy your favorite ones from the nursery.
Take The Cutting
Are you interested in growing your houseplants in plant propagation stations? Follow us to find out how to cultivate your plant babies from mature plants effectively. Plant clippings require growing roots to transform into a proper plant.
None of the plant cuttings have roots initially. They need a medium to promote the growth of their roots. There are two cultivating methods. One method is to plant it in a planter with soil. The other method is to place it in a water-filled glass terrarium and replenish the water as needed.
The soil method is not perfect as the roots are out of sight. It is relatively easier to watch the root growth using glass terrariums with water. People can monitor its health or notice any change in root color to treat it immediately. Also, the water-filled glass terrariums allow easy transfer of the rooted baby plant to the pot.
All you need to do is get plant cuttings from healthy growing stems. Then with a sharp blade cut diagonally slightly below the node of a leaf. Cut out a few leaves from the bottom of your clipping. Make sure the stem cutting is at least four to six inches long.
Leave some leafless nodes at the bottom of the stem and a few leaves at the top. Now, fill your glass vase halfway with lukewarm water. Submerge the cutting inside the glass vase such that the bottom leaf nodes are all dipped inside the water.
Place your propagation station in a warm environment with bright but no direct light. Keep watching the water level. Add more water to the glass vases of the propagation station if it is depleting. Also, clean the vessel and change the water after a few days as needed.
Benefits Of Rooting In Water
Rooting plant stems in water is faster than rooting plants in soil. It is the most enjoyable propagation method. You don’t need to make an effort, rather wait and watch. It may take your plant stems a few weeks to sprout. As soon as tiny roots sprout, it will not take long to spread quickly.
They are ready to plant in a pot when they reach one-third the clipping size. Cultivating plants in water-filled glass vases also interests children. They can learn and observe the growth changes and plant structures through these propagation stations.
Benefits of Plant Propagation Stations
The plant propagation stations are not only limited to growing or rooting small plants. Here are some other ways to use them!
- They are also helpful for arranging fresh flowers or even artificial ones.
- They are great for organizing multiple plant clippings, baby plants, herbs, shrubs, ferns, moss, grass, succulents, air plants, hydroponics, and other varieties of mini plants.
- You can quickly check the water content and monitor the growing roots’ health through glass terrariums.
- They are also an elegant piece of decoration.
- They make a wonderful gift for plant enthusiasts.
- You can use plant propagation stations in place of air purifiers as they help naturally provide clean and fresh air.
Beautify Your Plant Propagation Stations
There are several ways you can enhance the look of your propagators.
- Since the terrarium’s glass is clear and transparent, adding color dyes to water will add to its beauty.
- You can also add a few tiny pebbles or cobbles to make it eye-catching.
- Adding plant-safe glitters to the water will make it look attractive.
- Pair the terrariums with mini LED lights to add a glowing touch.
- You can also paint the wooden frames of your plant propagation stations if you do not need that rustic wooden look.
Propagation Station Round-Up
There are several plant propagation methods. But the propagation of plant cuttings in water or soil is an inexpensive way to expand the plant collection. Some plants easily grow in water. For this purpose, the plant propagation systems are pretty handy. A plant propagation station is not only an organized way of water-based propagation, but it is also aesthetically pleasing.
Several unique and functional designs of propagation stations are available in the market. They come in different shapes sizes and with different placements or arrangements. These propagation stations help root plant cuttings and serve as air purifiers. They can make a wonderful gift for plant fanatics. Propagation stations are also used as elegant decoration elements.
You can amp up your ambiance with the above-reviewed plant propagation stations and enjoy watching your baby plants grow out roots!
What is a plant propagation station?
The name is self-explanatory. A plant propagation station is a unique and specific place to propagate, grow, or cultivate plant cuttings. A plant propagation station can be as simple as a cup, pot, or mason jar or as fancy as the ones available in the market or online. The propagation station can be a wall hanging, roof hanging, or desktop placement. It may constitute as many as 15 glass vases or terrariums. The glass vases are usually bulb-shaped or test tube-shaped insertable in wooden frames. There are other aesthetic shapes available as well. The holders or frames are wooden or metallic that provide support and the vases.
What plants can go in a propagation station?
Almost all plant clippings or stems can root in a propagation station. These can be herbs, houseplants, shrubs, grass, moss, ferns, some succulents, etc. The house plants commonly grown in a propagation station include Arrowhead, Pothos, Chinese lucky bamboo, Chinese evergreen, English Ivy, Jade, Spider plant, Philodendron, Peace lily, Wax plant, Wandering Jew, etc. Some herbs like rosemary, oregano, sage, stevia, tarragon, thyme, basil, lemon balm, etc., are also grown in plant propagation stations.
What is the easiest way to propagate the plant?
Cuttings, division, layering, and grafting are different methods of propagation. Among all, cutting is the fastest and easiest way to propagate the plant. Cuttings taken from different plant structures are kept in soil or water medium to initiate propagation. The water-based propagation method is easy to observe and fun. Stem cuttings (three inches long), leaf cuttings, or root cuttings are dipped in a growth stimulator and then placed in a water-filled propagation station. The roots will come out within a few weeks. You can pot them after reaching one-third of the size of the cutting.